Have you been ReDEFINED yet?
I just returned from the most fantastic Hope Chapel Apex Women’s ReDEFINED Retreat this past weekend. Honestly, every time I go away with God, He meets me mightily, right where I am at. So many fabulous things happened that I am not sure what I loved the most…
– the beautiful Ridgecrest Conference Center nestled in Black Mountain, NC
– the awesome worship band that ushered in His Presence
– my intimate small group filled with girlfriends who hosted the best discussions
– the free time to venture out and explore the NC Mountains and surrounding areas
– the Saturday workshops on Dancing into Your Healing and the Holy Spirit’s Power
– the amazing prophetic words that came forth for the Women of Hope, both personally and corporately
– the great teaching from our HC Women’s Ministry Director Melissa Bolden and my friend Lindy Bravo, founder of WheresoEver Ministries
– the three inspiring testimonies from my girlfriends Rebekah, Nancy and Nicole
– or what God did personally for me at this retreat! (You gotta keep reading my forthcoming posts to find out what amazing things God did!)
The Lord even allowed “me” to give the opening address and teach the ladies on Friday night with a message entitled “Relax, Rest, Receive and be ReDEFINED.” Confident that God was there, I encouraged everyone to:
– Relax and have fun… so that we could enjoy the lovely retreat,
– Rest in His Presence… finding time to just sit at the feet of Jesus, and
– Get ready to receive… because God was going to do this work (Not us!)
Discovering your “true” identity and knowing how to walk in this truth was the main theme of this ReDEFINED Retreat. Ephesians 1:18 says “I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people.”
And so, for the next few weeks I will be blogging about what it means to be ReDEFINED. I am going to share what was taught, and what I personally learned and experienced about this great truth.
Beautifully-Made Friends, I am excited. So let’s begin.
Do you understand what it means to have the eyes of your heart enlightened? Has He revealed the hope to which He has called you? Do you know the great riches of His glorious inheritance just for you?
To me, this scripture refers to…
– seeing with your spiritual eyes (not your natural ones),
– understanding what is on God’s heart (not yours),
– allowing His heart to touch yours with what He desires for you and others (not what you desire),
– knowing His specific calling for your life,
– freely walking in His purpose so that thers can know Him too, and
– having knowledge of who Christ is and all the blessings that are yours because… you now have a Heavenly Father and a glorious family inheritance.
I can’t wait to share more of what God has revealed as we walk together in this ReDEFINED Series. So how about you sharing? Does God knock on doors today?
What does Ephesians 1:18 mean to you? What do you think ReDEFINED GLORY is?