Hey friends! How’s it going? This year has whirlwind for me and my family.
- We had some big adjustments as my daughter Anika came home from living at a boarding school for 15 months in Texas.
- My husband Jim took a new job working many hours with several colleagues in Germany and India. He has had many business trips and was away from home a lot. So grateful he has a job and a good one.
- This spring, we celebrated my girl’s graduation from high school! Then, within a few short months she moved out of our house.
- I went on my first missions trip to Tizimin, Mexico with my local church. It was an amazing experience!
- After suffering with lung cancer and its complications, my dad had major surgery to remover 2 cancerous ribs and almost died several times. Miraculously, he is alive and continues to fight for his life.
- In September, I had the blessing to spend one month in Cologne, Germany while my husband was working there. When we arrived home, we found a home trashed by savage teenagers. While most things are cleaned up and fixed now, I am so thankful that the house didn’t burn down. No one died or went to jail either.
- This fall my darling daughter learned that things were not greener across the fence and moved back home. She is now enrolled in a local community college and will start in January. Praising God for all these baby steps!
- Late October, Jim and I took an awesome trip with some friends to visit Fallingwater (a famous house designed by Frank Lloyd Wright). We also toured the Flight 93 Memorial and stayed at the lovely Duncan House in Polymath Park.
- Both Jim and I turned 60 this year! One of my friends threw a wonderful birthday bash for me at the Saigon Grill in Raleigh.
- In November, we had a lovely thanksgiving dinner just the three of us, followed by an evening with some friends. Then, Jim finally got to take a week’s vacation.
- And now, it’s CHRISTMAS!
I wish I had worked harder building my platform and selling my book Dream Discoveries, but I just didn’t have the energy and strength to keep pushing. Sometimes you just gotta let go and let God. Some years are for rest, and some are to get ready, and some are to ride forward.
But the wise men will always follow His Star.
Wishing everyone a very blessed and Merry Christmas!