Hello Beautifully Made Friends! Do you know that all of us have blind spots? These are areas of your life where you can NOT see the truth about yourself. You will see these things in your dreams, but you probably won’t recognize them unless you ask the Lord and take an honest deeper look at yourself.
If you are joining me from A Beautiful Life Ministry’s post today Wake Up! God Wants to Help You, I want to send a warm welcome as I share about dreams and inner healing, for truly God wants to help us with our lives.
Below are three examples of how God powerfully communicated to me using my dreams. Remember, these are symbols that represent clues for me to run to Jesus for inner healing. Take a minute and see if you can crack these secret codes.
- A robber broke into my house through the back door. I am so afraid.
- My anxious girlfriend and I are trapped in an underground cave. Of course I am the positive peaceful one, trying to help her.
- I purchased two items in a children’s store and put them in a big black briefcase. One item was something that I didn’t want and the other item wasn’t important. I am carting this bag everywhere I go.
God was undoubtedly speaking loudly to me. Go back and reread again. Have you any insights?
Ready for my answer?
Here are the dream interpretations with a few tips, along with God’s understanding for my life…..
- The robber breaking into my house revealed trauma in my past where the enemy disrupted my sense of security. Always looks to scripture as the first method for interpreting dream symbols. Look up the word in the Bible and see how it’s used. For example, house refers to your life (2 Cor 5:1). The robber is Satan, a thief and devourer (1 Pet 5:8). Door reveals the opening and back refers to the past (Phil 3:13).
- When I thought about this scenario more, I knew exactly what happened and when.
- My girlfriend represents me, that part of myself that was struggling with fear and worry. I think I am the brave one, but really I am the one who needs help. Quite often the people in your dreams are not the persons you know in real life, but a figurative reflection of yourself.
- I can’t tell you how many times I saw this friend in my dreams, but initially I saw my friend as the one with the issue and not me.
- A store is where you purchase items, and in this case, you can buy either a truth or a lie. Here, I believed a lie from my childhood, that I was not wanted and not important, and worse yet, carrying around those negative beliefs. I needed to ask the Lord what was in that baggage, and I can tell you this…. He will reveal it to you, if you ask. (See Matthew 7:8)
- It took me months to figure out what was in that black bag, as I had completely discounted that I was still carrying around old baggage. (Big sigh.)
Isn’t God amazing to shed such light into my life? As I deeply sought Him, God not only gave me the answers to my dream questions, He provided me with a self-revelation. For sure, it wasn’t flattering, but He was speaking to me about me.
His purposes weren’t to condemn me, but that I would surrender that aspect of my life to Him and welcome His healing touch. Funny thing is that as I received more and more healing, many of those zany dreams started disappearing. I began to experience what freedom in Christ actually felt like. (Yay God!)
Now these examples are exactly how dreams and inner healing can work. God shines light on the dark areas of our heart and soul. We see it, turn our hearts towards God and surrender it to Jesus. Then, the Holy Spirit comes and heals by making those broken pieces of our heart whole again. It’s a very simple process, but sometimes it takes a while because we aren’t ready to receive yet. We’re afraid. We’re stubborn. We’re think we know what’s best, but the Lord is patiently waiting and He is always willing. But I know that if He will do this for me, He will do it for you, for He is faithful to transform us into something beautiful for His glory.
God knows every little detail about us and is longing for us to come to Him for help, but we don’t treasure the revelations He gives us and search our His matters (See Proverbs 25:2). Dreams happen to be one of the easiest ways to receive from God. It’s like getting your own download from heaven directly to your private mailbox. But sadly, most of us are not listening deeply. We are not aware of our own blind spots, and often want to do it our way.
If you can relate to any of my examples, or if you’d like to have your own dream stories, then I suggest that you go ahead and ask God for a dream, for He would love to talk with you. Just decide that you are going to wake up and embark on your own dream journey with God. He will take you to places you never imagined. You will discover more about yourself and God than you ever thought you could, and you may very well experience Holy Spirit led inner healing to those dark places you thought didn’t exist.
Our God is infinitely creative and can speak in many different ways. He yearns to give you directions and encouragement, along with inner healing to your heart today. And dreams are one of his primary methods where He reveals our blind spots.
Have you asked God to speak to you today? In a dream?