Throughout the ages, many people have tried to fly and failed, but the famous Wright Brothers dreamed about flying first. Then, they set out to make their dreams a reality, and made it happen. This year, I bet you and me can fly too!
But we have to solve those 3 key problems of flight….
- LIFT: The plane has to be able to rise off the ground and stay up in the air. This lift occurs by forcing more air underneath the wing and less air above. Friends, you and I can lift off with Jesus by allowing His Spirit to be the wind beneath our wings.
~Surrender all and allow Him to do this work. ~
- NAVIGATION: Once the plane is airborne, we must be able to steer it. Like flying a plane, you and I need know how to navigate through your problems following our destiny.
~Each day, throughout your day, let’s INVITE the Holy Spirit to direct our steps.~
- LAND: And finally, we must be able to safely land the plane. No crash and burns allowed for all we need to do is prepare for landing. God desires that His will is done on earth as it is in heaven.
~ ASK Him for that smooth touch down and begin preparing for your miracle.~
And so, my word for 2017 is FLY. I don’t know about you, but last year I had many challenges; however, as I look back, I can see the hand of God on my life. He never left me. He had good things for me, even though I experienced grief and several difficulties. Yet, I published and launched my book, taught an online dream class, and got to travel various places to connect with friends and ministries – something I love to do. Specifically, I was blessed to journey to Jerusalem for a great prayer endeavor. Praise God my sweet daughter actually returned home from Heartlight and is doing well.
He is teaching me how to fly that I may run the race that He has for me, for I truly believe that no matter where I am, what is going on in my life, that I can always fly with Jesus, regardless of my circumstances.
Therefore, in order that I may help myself learn how to fly with Jesus, each week I will highlight a scripture verse which will help me deeply understanding my beautiful identity in Christ, that I am loved and accepted just by being his girl. I choose to go deeper, to learn to hope and dream with purpose, not by what I do but because of what He has done.
- I choose to surrender to His will.
- I choose to invite the Holy Spirit into my daily walk. I will wait on Him, renewing my strength.
- I choose to ask Him help me to prepare to soar with wings like eagles for the race He has for me.
Want to join me in 2017? For weekly scripture inspirations, consider subscribing to my blog. If you’d like to jump start your journey, check out my free Beautifully Made Bookmark.
And here’s my scripture to start this New Year venture….
Come join me as we fly with Jesus.
Happy New Year Friends!